Saturday, August 9, 2008

And they are

FINALLY home. The boys are back and within minutes I was back in mommy mode. Kyle left with swimmers ear and some medicine, but when he was in my arms for just a little bite he started to complain. When I looked it was bad so I immediately called and made him a doctors appt. for the next morning. Not good, his ear drum has rupture. He is on antibiotics and antibiotics ear drops for 10 days. Bless his heart, he is a trooper.

OK, let me back up. We meet at 1:15 at a place about an hour away for me. Got home around 2:30. David had to get ready to go to football practice at 4:00. While he was gone Peyton went into his room and climbed to get a plastic box, opened it and found David's pocket knife. NOT GOOD. Next thing I here (Kyle was lying on me at this time because his ear was bothering him) Peyton scream. I jump up and he was in the bathroom. I asked what is going on (did I forget to tell you, a friend was over), Peyton stated he is trying to clean red marker off of him. I said why is there blood drops everywhere leading up to the bathroom. So I went to the friend and he told me Peyton sliced his finger trying to shut the knife. At this point I was yelling let me in and see the damage. It was not all that bad just a deep cut, sorta like a paper cut, just deeper. Well he is complaining it burns everyday. I told him how dangerous that was and that he could have lost the tip of a finger. I don't think he will be doing that anymore. He is just a daredevil. HE never believes you when you tell him something. HE is so hard headed.

David is just having to catch up with what he missed for the football. He has been with his friends and they are telling him the plays and have been practicing together this weekend.

Over all, all is well with us.

1 comment:

Matt and Jolee said...

Oh man! When it rains, it pours huh? Poor little Kyle. I hope his ear is feeling better. I'm gonna share Peyton's story with Landen because he's always wanting to play with his cousins pocket knife. I hope you guys are on the mend. School starts soon, huh? 2 weeks for Landen and 3 for Hayden!